Friday, March 14, 2008

Chasing Dragons with Plastic Swords...

There is a line in an old Cheryl Crow song " Chasing Dragons With Plastic Swords"... that would about explain how I spent my afternoon.. Let me re-phrase it with one word...



Are you ready????





Are You Sure????




Ok.... Here goes.....







HEALTH INSURANCE. need I say more?? Ok I will....



Hows this??







Yep.. that about sums it up.

A few weeks ago I got a letter in the mail stating that Ben's secondary insurance through the State of CT is changing and we will need to pick a new plan.. sounds easy enough, right?
This insurance is part of his adoption decree.. the good Ol' State of CT is supposed to pick up his deductibles and co-pays until his 21st birthday. It usually works pretty well... we have the same insurance for Caroline but I never got a notification for her.
So... I call the 800# on the letter on Monday morning to inquire... I am promptly told that Ben' s information is messed up and they will have someone call me within 24 hours to get it fixed, I then inquired as to why I haven't heard about Caroline's policy and after a quick search I am told that she doesn't exist in their system.... Hmm... odd, I have been receiving services for her for the last 6+ years... whatever.. the rep on the other end of the phone explains again that I will receive a phone call from another dept. within 24 hours and they will get it squared away.....
that was MONDAY... Today is FRIDAY last I checked and you guessed it....

No Phone Call.

So I gather my paperwork and give them a call this afternoon.. only to be informed that Ben is listed as "Head of Household" on the policy and I will have to wait for a phone call from the "other Dept." to call me and in her exact words " I know this is frustrating, but you don't realize how frustrating it is for us, we have some 5000 calls to return!" OK.... first off NOT MY PROBLEM.... this is your J-O-B... do it already... and second of all.... Don't tell me 24 hours and 4 DAYS later complain to me about how many phone calls you have to make! So now she says in a really exasperated tone... "I will transfer you to another dept who can handle your complaint" ummm... I don't have any complaints... I just want to switch my kids policies as I am being instructed to do in the letter I am holding. So I am transferred... click... click.... followed by staticy elevator music... then click... click... and a DIAL TONE!!! Now I am beyond mad.....

So I get out the blue pages of the phone book and make a phone call to the State Insurance Advocate Dept. and explain the whole story to some poor woman named Jessica... Let me jut say right now.... Jessica is my HERO.... she took the information and told me she would look into it and get back to me and that if I haven't heard from her by Monday to call her back. Ok.. Monday.. I can wait that long... anyway, about 15 minutes later I get a call back from Jessica who says " I have a representative on the phone who can help us, I am going to patch you through and I will stay on the line to make sure you get what you need... 5 minutes later both kids are signed up for the new insurance plan with no issues at all... Amazing!!

Ok.. that's my vent for the day... I'm going to put my sword back in the toy box.

Stay tuned for weekend St Patty's Day Fun... We are having our annual St. Pattys Day
PAR-TAY tomorrow night!!!

~Vicki

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.