Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Magic...

Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year... I have collected so many special Christmas decorations over the years and I really try to have each one of them mean something to our family.


This year my favorite find is a story called "The Elf on the Shelf" Its a cute story that is about one of Santa's Elf's who comes to live at your house for the holiday season to see wether the children of the house are being "Naughty or Nice" He reports back to Santa each night and then before morning he comes back to your house and takes up a new place in the house for the kids to find him when they wake up. The set comes complete with a little elf that you go online and register with his own name. My kids are loving this and it is fun every morning to see where our elf is hiding! So... Here is "Maxwell" The Knopf Family's own personal line to Santa! Thanks Angie for the idea!! My Kids love this!!!






Here is my tree... I just wish I could block out the air conditioner behind it...



Our First Christmas


Ryan's Baby ornament... one of my all time favorites

from our cruise to the Cayman Islands 3 years ago

I'm not sure how this became an ornament, but it always has been...this was from the babyshower before Ben came home. It Says

"Finding a special child to love is more than a dream come true...I did not give you the gift of life, but it my heart I know The love I feel is as deep and real as if it had been so, for us to have eachother is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you the gift of life... life gave me the gift of you.


This was from an ornament exchange on the PWS list years ago... made by Karen.. Aunt to Misty.



My Nativity scene, made by Dave's Grandmother and given to us on our First Christmas, it is sitting on the buffet sideboard that belonged to my grandmother who died last year.





Given to me right after David's accident 5 years ago


My Santa's with the print above that says "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"
This is a music box given to me when David was born.

These are a few of my favorites... stay tuned for more soon!!

peace..love..and light.

~Vicki~

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. I have a 2 year old with PWS and 4 other children. You have such a great and loving outlook. I have yet to put up Christmas decorations. If you don't like the air conditioner in the background(which I probably wouldn't have noticed) it could be wrapped in Christmas paper and a bow to look like a gift.