Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Mother Letter Project



You all may remember me posting a long time ago about about the Mooney Family and their journey of 99 days with their son Eliot who had Trisomy 18 or Edwards Syndrome.. see the video of Eliots life here. http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/570/99-Balloons
This story falls close to my heart, as 13 years ago this month Dave's brother Mike and his wife Kathy had a baby girl with Trisomy 13. Michaela was born/died just a few days after Christmas. Although I never had the chance to meet her, when I watch this video it makes me think of her.
Anyway.... instead of Christmas Gifts this year, the Mooney Family is donating the money they would have spent on gifts to charity. Matt Mooney is collecting open letters from Mothers to Mothers to give to his wife as a gift.

He is inviting all to participate by sharing their "Mother Story" with him to add to the collection.
Click on the picture above or the link in my right sidebar to read all the details.
Please consider participating in this wonderful tribute to Motherhood.
Have fun!
~Vicki

0 comments: